Friday, August 24, 2007

Outsourcing At Its Finest...


This is a picture of an actual error message that I got from a software program at work. What it's trying to say is that I entered an "Illegal minimum angle", in the Minimum Angle field which you can see in the top right. I can safely say that this is the greatest error message that I've ever received.

I also can't say for certain, but I'm pretty sure we're seeing outsourcing at its finest. I would have thought they would have at least gotten someone who spoke a little English. Apparently, this would have been too much to ask. I don't have any more to say about this, but I thought you might get enjoy this half as much as I did.

2 comments:

Cem Kaner said...

you'd be amazed how many American-born programmers can't spell (I grade their papers and code all the time) or how willing people are to leave typos uncorrected. I wouldn't attach much confidence to the assumption that this spelling mistake was made by a non-American.

-- Cem Kaner, Professor of Software Engineering

limeade said...

I can agree with what you say here, but not only are two of the words grossly mispelled, the use of "minimal" isn't correct and the phrase is just funky. It's true I have no solid evidence, but I'll stick with my assumption.