Monday, December 17, 2007

Johnny Depp Films

Looking back on the movies that star Johnny Depp, it's tough to pick out one favorite moment. He's come a long way from "21 Jump Street" back in the late eighties to star in such movies and Pirates of the Caribbean and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

One of my favorite movies of his was Edward Scissorhands in which he played the title character, a gentle young man who happened to have scissors for hands. It's kind of an odd premise but he plays the role with such great emotion that you can't help but like it. I especially like the part where he just goes at the bushes. Who wouldn't want to have scissors for hands?

The other movie of his that I really like was the first Pirates of the Caribbean. One of my favorite parts of this movie was when his character was first introduced and he comes into port standing high upon the mast of his small ship as it sinks and he effortlessly walks on to the dock. I also enjoy pretty much any time he says "savvy" in the movie.

Overall, I think I like the pirate movie better than Scissorhands but it's pretty close. I'm also hoping for a great movie in Sweeney Todd which comes out December 21st. For more information visit the official Sweeney Todd movie site. Or you could visit Sweeney Todd on MySpace.

No comments: