Monday, January 7, 2008

Not a Fan of Chris Daughtry

I was driving home today, from the grocery store I believe, and a song from Daughtry came on the radio and it reminded me of how sick I am of his songs and how I've been meaning to write a post about it. And I guess now is as good a time as any other.

Pretty much all of his songs are formulaic and the lyrics are often just awful. All you have to do is look to the opening line of his song "Over You" to find:

Now that it's all said and done, I can't believe you are the one, to build me up and tear me down, like an old abandoned house.
It's just an awful simile and I can't take the rest of the song seriously. Aside from this, most of his other stuff is now way overplayed, especially the one song they used during American Idol last year. I really wish he would just go home like he says in the song. It'd be much better for all of us.

I should also mention that Chris Daughtry has revealed/admitted that he is balding and shaved his head completely in order to keep a pleasing appearance. So he is a proud member of the male-pattern baldness cover-up club.