Saturday, November 3, 2007

Hip Hop Artist Combination Sampler

If you know me, then you're aware that I enjoy the Hip-Hop genre quite a bit. If you don't know me, you've just been told. Either way, a friend showed me this video of Aries Spears impersonating various rap artists. If you're not familiar with this comedian, you're not alone. I had no idea who he was either. But he does a fantastic job so it's worthwhile to take a look:



In my opinion the LL Cool J portion at the beginning is the weakest part of his bit. I don't think it's due to a lack of effort or practice on his part; it's more that LL doesn't have a really distinct voice and style. On the other hand, his impression of Jay-Z was quite good (if you're familiar with his work). So, for those of you who skipped over the video, now is a good time to actually watch it.

No comments: