Wednesday, November 7, 2007

An Unexpected Tasty Discovery

I've never really liked a lot of different vegetables and for the most part still don't. Sure I've heard that smothering broccoli in melted cheese makes it palatable and that you don't even notice the peas in some sort of tuna casserole or what have you. Honestly I don't believe it. Broccoli will always be broccoli and I don't ever see myself eating peas. That's just how it is.

Recently however, I have been introduced to a vegetable that I actually like, the Butternut squash. Growing up, my parents would occasionally make acorn squash and I really liked it. I'm not sure why we didn't have it more often actually since it was one of the few things that I liked. This is where it ended though as far as squash is concerned. Every other time that I've seen other types of squash they haven't looked appealing in the slightest.

I will admit that I was a little skeptical about the butternut squash since it didn't look all that appetizing and was just cut in half and baked. It seemed pretty boring, and I usually would equate that with not tasting very good. After it was cooked however, some butter and brown sugar were added and it tasted quite good. I don't think that because I found a vegetable that I like I'm going to actively seek out others, but I may not be as opposed to trying new ones.

There's no real reason for me telling you all this other than it was on my mind and I have an opinion about it. And that is essentially what this blog is all about, my opinion.

No comments: